Thursday, July 24, 2008

We also had a Family Dutch Oven Dinner night at our house. I am the Enrichment leader in our ward and once a month we do a dinner group. Some of our nights have been "Dinner and a Movie", Fondue, Basic Grilling Instruction, and Recipe Exchanges. This month in celebration of summer and pioneer day, we did a dutch oven night. We usually only invite the women, but this time we invited families. We had a great turn out about 70 people. I think we had about 10 dutch ovens cooking. The food was delish! Then we topped it off with s'mores. It was awesome.

Yesterday I got to go spend time with my cousin Joy. She is absolutely amazing. We did some planning. We are headed off to Aspen Grove this weekend for the much anticipated Huish Family reunion and Joy and I got craft projects together for the moms and girls to do while we are there. She has so many cool ideas and so fun to hang out with. Everytime I leave her, I wonder why we don't hang out more. Here is one the crafts we are working on for next week. The Halloween banner. I made one for Maggies birthday and now have to make one for every holiday. Love 'em.

We've had a pretty busy week. I went with my Mom and my kids and some of our cousins to a new little fun center here in Lehi called Liberty Land. I have to say I actually enjoyed it. It was very kid friendly. It just recently opened and it wasn't too crowded. It's small and not a lot of places that kids could get lost. There weren't a lot of height restrictions except that parents weren't aloud to go on some things, the kids could do everything. At one point, I had the older boys on the rock wall and my mom had the girls and Preston, when I went to meet up with them, I asked where Preston was she pointed to the side. When I didn't see him and walked over to the roller coaster where the girls were and low and behold he was on it with them. No height restrictions. I don't think he liked it too much he didn't want to go again. We really had fun and I think it is a place that I might actually take my kids to alone, that says alot.

Preston was lovin the merry go round.Oh, the many faces of Emma.Indiana Dane scaled the rock wall with great ease (about 10 times)Maggie is such a good little helper, especially with this one. She loves her little Pesto.

2 comments:

Harmony said...

Tina, looks like fun, we'll have to take the kids there. I have been wondering about that place. Love the Halloween border. Can't wait to see more.
If you click on the picture you can scroll it to whatever order you want. It is kind of buggin!

Moira said...

That's good to know. I've been wondering whether or not to take the kids there. Thanks for the info.