Friday, August 22, 2008

First week of school

We survived the first week of school. No problems as of yet. 
     Maggie is in 5th grade this year and fortunately in not acting like a 5th grader, yet (She still is sweet as can be). 
     Dane started third grade, I can't believe it. He was excited to have some of his friends from his class last year in his class again this year. 
     Emma started her third year of preschool this year, its a bummer when they miss the deadline by only a few weeks. She is thrilled to be back, but it isn't quite enough so we have signed her up for a second preschool with the hopes of passing her into first grade next year. Keep for fingers crossed, I think I am ready for her to be gone during the day. She gets so bored and requires lots of attention that I don't know if I have the patience to give her right now. 

     Preston couldn't start this year although I think he would love to go. He is obsessed with letters and can recognize upper and lowercase and knows all the sounds. Did I mention that he isn't even 3 yet. I am so proud. It is nice to still have someone home with me to make noise in the car use up any free time I might have. I honestly can't believe summer is over why does time have to go by faster and faster the older you get?
Click to play First Day of School
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

6 comments:

Emily said...

Beautiful pictures! I love Dane and his faces!

Harmony said...

Tina, what cute pictures. I love that you took their pictures together. I love smilebox, I've got to try it

Jodi Gallagher said...

Cute pictures! Your kids look so cute in their new school clothes!

The Dillon 6 said...

I love the pictures! Dane looks like a little vampire in the one picture (bottom right of his montage). They all look GREAT! I'm glad we have a few more days of summer...but my rope is starting to fray a bit. ;)

amy germer said...

Tina, you are so creative! I love your "emmie cakes", where do you come up with all your ideas!!!!

The Dillon 6 said...

if you haven't seen this website, you should check it out today:

http://lemonannie.blogspot.com/

She's ALL OVER your Emmie Cakes!! :)