Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Timpanogos Cave

So we decided to send the summer off with a bang. We took our last Saturday and hiked up to Timplanogos Cave. It is about a 1.5 mile hike up and an elevation gain of about 1000 feet. I didn't know if I could make it and I especially didn't think my little ones would make it, but to my great surprise we all took the hike very well. There was some complaining, but for the most part they all did awesome. It was well worth the hike. The cave was so cool. I had been there once before when I was a teenager, but didn't remember much. It was fun to see the kids enjoy it so much. We all had a really good time.


So School in back in session. Yeah! Need I say more.

7 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

We didn't do it this last time we were down there because I think my kids are still too squirly -- especially Malcolm!!! I remember almost falling off a "cliff" when I was about Laurel's age and I was afraid to lose one of my own kids. ;) You do look AMAZING! I need to get on the skinny-bandwagon...I've got a long way to go!!

Jodi Gallagher said...

I need to take my kids up there. Looks like a fun hike. You do look amazing! I need to get my lazy butt to the gym :)

cake expectations said...

Wow. I am amazed your kids made it. What little troopers!

Harmony said...

You guys are so good. We want to do that sometime too. Looks like fun!

Emily said...

We so need to do this! You guys looked like you had a great time!

Emily said...

We so need to do this! You guys looked like you had a great time!

The Dillon 6 said...

hey -- you already HAVE a blinky! It's your Emmie Cakes logo on your blog...can you send me the html for it?